Admission to the Graduate Specialization in Critical Gender Studies will be managed by the Director and Associate Director, in consultation with the CGS Core Faculty. At least one member of the student’s MA or PhD committee must be a CGS affiliate faculty.
Only students already admitted to a UCSD Ph.D. graduate program can apply to the specialization. Eligible students are those whose primary department affiliation is in any one of the following campus units: Anthropology, Communication, Ethnic Studies, History, Literature, Psychology, Sociology, and Theatre & Dance. Once admitted to the specialization, students will enroll in CGS 200, and will become eligible for teaching assistantships and other funding from the CGS program. The resulting degree will be (name of Ph.D. program) with a “Specialization in Critical Gender Studies.”
Applicants are required to submit the following items by Friday, Week 10 of fall quarter to be considered for the CGS Graduate Specialization:
- Letter of reference and support from your primary advisor
- List of doctoral comittee members identifying at least one who is a CGS affiliate
- Research statement (250 words)
- Teaching statement (250 words)
- Statement of purpose relating CGS to your professional goals (500 words)
- Curriculum Vitae (3 pages max)
All application materials for the 2016-2017 academic year are due FRIDAY, DECEMBER 2nd by midnight.